2017 BMX Australia National Series Round 2- Shepparton

February 12, 2017


I can't believe I have just hopped off the plane from my second trip of the year already! Seems crazy that it is already February.

The second round of the 2017 BMX Australia National Series took place last weekend in Shepparton, Victoria. With some very hot weather and only 3 motos (NO FINALS OR EXTRA MOTO) it meant that every race counted towards points for the Elite Women this time around as our placings were from our overall points of the 3 motos.

I have grown to really like the Shepparton track, this being the second time I have ever ridden there and although it had changed a little, the majority of the track was the same. The first and second straights particularly feel super fast and are fun to race on.

I came away with a 6th in Round 2 of the National Series which puts me in 6th overall in points which is a vast improvement from last year so I have to be happy with that. Although I made a few mistakes in Shepparton I also improved since the last National Series race in Nerang.


The day after the National Series I raced Pro Women in the Grands Challenge. Being combined with the junior women and some girls even younger makes for a really stacked class each time. The racing is always good and its fun to race so many good riders. Having missed out on the semi final in Nerang by 1 point, my goal this round was to make the semi final, which I did. Another stacked race left me in 6th missing out on the final.

Overall a positive weekend in Shepparton and I am looking forward to heading to Bathurst for round 3 as well as the Oceania Championships in a few weeks.

Unfortunately there is no coinciding video for this post, I did film a bit in Shepparton and put together a short video but I'm really not happy enough with it to post it. Be sure to check out my recent training video here which includes a bit of an insight into some of my weekly training in the gym and on the bike.


 Look forward to upcoming videos including one from Bathurst.

-Rach

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe

//]]>