2017 BMX Australia National Series Round 1- Nerang

January 13, 2017

Image may contain: one or more people, bicycle and outdoor

With 2017 well underway and the first trip of the year done I'm already super excited for the year ahead.

Last week, we went over to Queensland for the first round of the 2017 BMX Australia National Series and Grands Challenge in Nerang. The first 2 days of practice were spent dialing in the track which had changed slightly from the previous year but it felt as fast and smooth as ever. On race day I was feeling good and made the main in Elite Women. I had a pretty poor start (my slowest gate of the weekend) seeing me get cut off down the ramp and finish the lap in 7th. Not the best result but it is definitely a step in the right direction.

Image may contain: one or more people

Saturday's Grands Challenge was a massive class of Pro Women. I had two below average first races and an awesome third moto which unfortunately wasn't enough to see me through to the semi finals, missing out by 1 point.

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor


We also managed to sneak in a session at Sleeman SX track on the weekend. It was awesome to get back on an 8 metre ramp again. Despite not having access to one here in Perth, I am using every opportunity possible to get more comfortable on the ramp and look forward to the National Championships there later this year.

I took a lot from the weekends racing and I am working on the finer details before the next round in Shepparton in a few weeks.


You can check out the racing replays here 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe

//]]>